Ai | PDF | EPS | JPEG | PNG
I understand that by giving them the non-compressed PDF they could make all these file formats but to ensure there is no struggle I would give them all the common file formats that are used today. If you want to be really nice, you could also give them a black and white version too, if the design allows for it.
Now on to how I like to recreate logos.
1. Print out whatever picture you have of the logo
2. Getcha tracing paper out and tape that sucker over the picture
3. Then trace carefully. Sometimes I like to trace with pencil then flip it over and use a sharpie to darken the lines.
4. Plop it on the scanner
5. Open in Ai and play with the trace tool. Sometimes if your lucky the trace tool will do all the work…sometimes not.
6. If the trace tool doesn’t give you the wanted results, then it’s the pen tool time.
7. If you are not skilled at the pen tool then practice, because this is where the magic happens.
That’s it! Hope that is of some help to someone out there.